2016 Scholarship Application from the Pasadena Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
2016 Scholarship Application from the Pasadena Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. This year we will award seven scholarships to college-bound African American graduating high school seniors. Six of the awards are for $1,500 and one will be a four-year award for $4,000 (dispersed at $1,000 per year for four years).
The application must be postmarked by March 1, 2016 or turn into Dr. Gonzalez. Students can go to www.aka-elo.org and click on “Scholarship” to download the application and instructions.
Six scholarship available.
- S.T.E.A.M: This category is reserved for young women interested in pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering, art or math. Two awards are available. Required minimum 2.7 GPA.
- Social Justice/Economic Development: This category is reserved for young women pursuing a career that will impact social, economic and/or human rights change. Required minimum 2.7 GPA.
- Most Improved G.P.A.: This category is reserved for young women who have experienced a significant improvement in their GPA from freshman to senior years. Required minimum 2.3 GPA.
- Young African American Male: This category is reserved for young men who are using education to achieve their life goals. Required minimum 2.7 GPA.
- Special Needs: This category is for young men or women with a documented learning disability who intend to enroll in a Bachelor’s degree program, two year community college, vocational school or technical training program.