Sunday Night Call Week of 8-10-20
Good Evening Sierra Madre Parents & Students, this is Mr. Newsom with some important information about the upcoming week at our middle school.
First Day of School: Monday, August 17
The first day of school is one week away, and we are busily making the final preparations for what promises to be the most unique start to the year in our school's history.
Parking Lot Construction:
Over the next couple of weeks there will be ongoing work in our parking lot to install shading structures for our cars that will also serve as solar panels. Our parking lot will not be accessible during construction.
Textbook Distribution: Tuesday, August 11 & Friday, August 14
This Tuesday from 8:30am-12:30pm we will be distributing textbooks to our 7th & 8th grade students, and again on Friday to our 6th graders. We will be planning an additional day during the first week of school, and you can also have a family friend pick up your books for you.
- Distribution will occur on the Library patio on the west side of campus
and will be staggered alphabetically.
- Parents will pull-up curbside, and students/parents will pick up their textbooks on the patio.
- Students who are new to PUSD will also receive their Chromebook
- Students/Parents may also return materials from the 2019-20 school year.
- Appropriate social distancing protocols will be followed at all times.
- Students & parents may not congregate when dropping off their materials
- Masks are required to pick up your textbooks
We are working this week on finalizing our student schedules, and we will communicate with you as soon as we are able to go live. You will also receive a daily schedule to utilize in preparation for the roll out of instruction next week.
For information about all of these events and more, please be certain to visit our school website at smms.pusd.us and like us on Facebook as well.
Have a wonderful evening, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Textbook_Distribution.pdf (53.9 KB)