The Pasadena Police Athletic Association -Due June 1, 2023
The Pasadena Police Athletic Association (PPAA) is comprised of Pasadena Police Department employees and seeks to improve the spirit, mind, and body of its members. The PPAA is also interested in recognizing and assisting athletes who plan to continue their education after high school and are involved in their community. As such, the PPAA is offering a $2,500 scholarship for two graduating seniors (one male, one female) currently enrolled in the Pasadena Unified School District. To qualify, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Graduating in the spring semester, 2023
• Currently enrolled in PUSD
• Currently involved in an organized athletic endeavor
• Currently participating in a service activity with a school, community, or faith-based organization • Family members of Pasadena Police Department employees are not eligible
In addition, applicants must submit the following documents:
• PPAA Scholarship Application Google Form https://forms.gle/nddayFcuB7cYtvwo8 • The form will request that you upload proof of the following:
➢ Provide proof of acceptance from a college, university, or trade school
➢ 2 letters of recommendation (1 from a coach/athletic director, 1 from a supervisor involved in your community outreach)
➢ A video answering the listed questions
➢ Report card or other document(s) showing eligibility for graduation, grades & GPA for the last grading period as well as your cumulative high school GPA. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but GPA will be taken into account.
The required video should be no longer than three minutes and answer the following questions:
• What sport/athletic event do you participate in and where do you play?
• What does the sport mean to you?
• How are you using the sport to give back to others/the community?
• What do you hope to achieve by pursuing your education?
• What distinguishes you from the other candidates?
• In addition to the above, some highlight footage of your athletics is acceptable but not required
Applicants will be able to upload their video and required documents directly to the google application form, or may email them separately to PPAAscholarship@gmail.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MIDNIGHT, JUNE 1, 2023