The Puente Statewide Academic and Leadership Award application for the Class of 2022 must be received by Friday, September 24, 11:59pm
The Puente Statewide Academic and Leadership Award application for the Class of 2022 is now open!
Puente Statewide Academic and Leadership Award Information Sheet class of 2022.pdf
Purpose: To formally recognize Puente seniors who embody the Puente leadership spirit and demonstrate exemplary academic achievement.
- Must have been enrolled in Puente English course for grades 9 and 10
- Overall Academic GPA of 3.50 or higher (9th - 11th grade)
- Be a full time 12th grade student enrolled in 5 or more academic courses
- Demonstrated community leadership
The following information must be submitted by the Puentista for consideration:
- Completed online application
- Unofficial or Official High School Transcript
- Application and transcript must be received by Friday, September 24, 11:59pm
Friday, August 27, 2021
Counselors receive and distribute application to students who meet eligibility criteria.
Friday, September 24, 2021
Deadline for students to submit the online application with an official/unofficial transcript.
If a student cannot attach an unofficial transcript to the online application, the counselor must submit the applicant's transcript in PDF format to Steve Gonzales at email@example.com. Photographs of transcripts will not be accepted.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Announcement of Puente Statewide Scholars.
- Students will be recognized and will receive a certificate via their Puente Counselor and/or High School Administrator.
- Recipients of the Award should be advised to list this selective statewide academic and leadership award on their college applications.
- The Selection Committee will be composed of Puente Statewide Office staff and community. ● One eligible student from each high school site will be selected as that school’s outstanding Puente scholar pending they meet the above criteria.
Questions? Please see your Puente Counselor or contact Mr. Steve Gonzales from the Puente Statewide Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must be completed via the QR Code or link below:
Once a Puentista, Always a Puentista!