Omega Psi Phi Scholarship Due Sept 30, 2021
10th Annual Scholarship Gala
On Behalf of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Tau Tau Chapter
Application Available: August 1, 2021
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Application Processing: October 1, 2021
Award Notification: October 11, 2021
Enrollment Verification: Fall 2022
Award Disbursement: Fall 2022
Essay Theme: Covid-19 has disproportionately impacted Black people in the United States and has shone a light on existing inequalities in both education and healthcare. As a future leader, how would you address these inequalities in education and healthcare?
In 2013, the Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award was established by the Omega Educational Foundation to recognize high achieving students that displayed leadership qualities and scholastic excellence. The scholarship was designed to assist African-American Males in the Greater Los Angeles Area that are High School Seniors who plan on furthering their education during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Scholarships: Up to $40,000 in scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors. Open to the general public in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- African-American Males.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident or eligible non-U.S. Citizen (must show proof).
- Must have a permanent address and attended a high school in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Must be enrolled as a High School Senior in the fall of 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must have two letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselors, principal or community leader.
- Must submit a one-page essay - double space, no less than 12pt font not to exceed 500 words. Essay. In your essay describe "who you are" and how the theme will assist you with navigating the rigors of college, in a positively manner.
- Must provide the student's official transcripts from freshman to junior year in high school. Transcripts signed by Counselor/Administrator.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older as of October 1, 2021.
- Must provide Proof of Enrollment full-time from the Registrar's office of the scholarship recipient's prospective college and university, for 2021-2022 academic year. The document must be signed by the administration office. As explicitly set forth in this application, all terms and eligibility conditions must be adhered to.
- All rights are reserved by the scholarship committee to resolve applicable matters.
- Must provide a recent Passport photograph or school identification card.
Contact: Rodney Jones (951) 990-9910 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please mail the completed Application with all requested information to: Omega Educational Foundation Scholarship Award, P.O. Box 91302, Los Angeles, California 90009.