Gates Millennium Scholarship - Due July 15 - Sept 15, 2021
The Gates Scholarship
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Selected Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance to earn a bachelor’s degree, that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university. Costs covered include tuition, fees, books, and room and board, and may also include some additional personal costs.
How to Refer Students
If you know one or more students who meet our criteria, please click this link and follow the instructions provided. Please note that Phase I of the application opened July 15, with a submission deadline of Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 5:00 PM PT.
- High school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian/Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- A minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
An ideal candidate will also have:
- An outstanding high school academic record (e.g., be in the top 10 percent of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, and extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
For additional information, please visit our website.