2021 Virtual Summer Youth Educational Program (VSYEP) is a free Kaiser Permanente community benefit service -Sign up before April 30!
- 2021 Virtual Summer Youth Educational Program (VSYEP) is a free Kaiser Permanente community benefit service, with the goal of providing equity through resources to disadvantaged or underrepresented members of our communities.
- Students need to be in high school, or recent graduates and between the ages of 16-20. Priority will be given to 11th and 12th grade students; however this should not discourage other students from applying.
- Students need a personal computer and access to WIFI or internet. A school-issued computer is ok, as long as our program sites and platforms can be accessed (ZOOM/ MS TEAMS, web-based learning modules program).
- Upon successful completion of our program, participants will receive a stipend up to $900. The total amount is calculated at the end of the program and is determined by taking their attendance, classroom and study group participation into account. While in the past, most students received their full stipends, the amount will be reduced if students miss classes (for any reason) or do not show active participation during any part of our program. Students who do not complete our program and/or are excluded for any reason (either by their own choice or otherwise), are not eligible to receive a stipend.
- Upon submission of their application, a select group of qualifying students will be invited to an interview. Please note that submission of applications is not a guarantee for acceptance into our program. Our class size is limited to 30-35 students from all high schools in the Pasadena area. Accepted students will be notified by email.
- No work permit is required to participate. However, accepted students will need to complete a W9 form because they will be paid a stipend. The stipend is taxable income and it is the responsibility of the students and/or their parents to make sure all due taxes are paid according to tax laws.
Applications must be returned to me as soon as possible, but no later than April 30, 2021 for consideration. If you have any questions about our program, please feel free to contact me. I am also available to connect with you by TEAMS call if you prefer.