Hispanic Heritage scholarship Due Oct 15, 2019
The Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s (HHF) 2019 Youth Awards educational grants program is now accepting applications! The Youth Awards will award students who are the graduating Class of 2020 with up to $3,500 in educational grants to fund their higher education or to fund a community-based project.
Recipients will be selected for their accomplishments in the classroom, community, and for their excellence in various educational categories. Recipients will be celebrated at 10 regional ceremonies across the country including: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Northern CA, Phoenix, Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C. (eligible students should apply to the region nearest to their area of residence).
The 2019 Youth Awards categories are:
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Community Service
- Healthcare & Science
- Media & Entertainment
- Technology & Engineering
Applicants and recipients will become part of HHF’s network of 100,000+ professionals and funneled into its cycle of leadership pipeline, where we meet America's priorities in the classroom and workforce.
To be considered, student's must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in high school and graduating in the spring of 2020
- Must have a minimum unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 7.5 on a 10.0 scale
- Must enroll at an accredited higher education institution in 2020-2021
- Be of Hispanic heritage (includes Spain, Brazil, Philippines)
- If selected, attendance to regional ceremony is mandatory and travel is at the recipient’s expense
- Be a U.S. permanent resident, U.S. citizen, or qualify under DACA
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 15th. Students can apply at www.HispanicHeritage.org
Please contact email@example.com or (202)861-9797 ext.114 with any questions.