How do I file a complaint about sex discrimination?

Posted by:

A student, parent, guardian, employee, individual, or organization may file a written complaint under Title IX, alleging discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying on the basis of a protected characteristic under the District’s Uniform Complaint Procedures, Board Policy and Administrative Regulation by sending a complaint to:

Contact the District’s Title IX Director:

Gilbert Barraza
District Athletic/Title IX Director
351 South Hudson Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91109
Telephone: (626) 396-3600 ext. 88461

The Uniform Complaint Procedures are available at each school office and the District Office. If you need assistance putting your complaint in writing, please contact the school principal or Gilbert Barraza, the District’s Title IX Coordinator. You may file a complaint anonymously, but the District’s ability to investigate and respond may be limited by a lack of information.

You may also file a discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights. For more information, visit The electronic complaint form for the Office for Civil Rights is available online at Contact the Office for Civil Rights at:


San Francisco Office Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 United Nations Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94102
Telephone: (415) 486-5555
Fax: (415) 486-5570; TDD: (800) 877-8339


For information about how to file other types of complaints and the procedures for those complaints, please contact PUSD at (626) 396-3619.