Due 1/25/2019 Hispanic Scholarship Fund for class of 2020
The Youth Leadership Institute is a free, four-day, overnight, college empowerment conference for Latino high school juniors held at two top universities across the US. This highly selective program is designed to give young Latino leaders the practical tools they need to successfully apply to top universities, have full access to scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and set a course for academic and career success.
The deadline for students to apply is Friday, January 25, 2019 at 1:00pm PST.
- June 20-23, 2019 – University of Chicago
- July 25-28, 2019 – University of Southern California
- Current high school junior (Class of 2020)
- Identify as being of Hispanic heritage
- Latino students from all socioeconomic backgrounds are welcome to apply
- 3.0 GPA or above, on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent based on your school scale
- Currently attend high school in the United States or US territory
- Plan to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college/university after high school graduation
- No, it is FREE to apply and participate. HSF covers food and housing on campus.
- HSF will be able to provide round-trip transportation to the YLI location for students who request financial assistance within the application (to be reviewed on a case by case basis)