Congratualations to Carissa Paccerelli on receiving the 1st Place Award at the 7th ANCA World Autism Festival held in Vancouver, Canada. She represented the United States in the Visual Arts category and received the top place award for the International Naturally Autistic People Award.
Carissa is an 11th grade student in the Visual Arts and Design Academy (VADA) at Pasadena High School. In additon, she attends advanced arts courses at the Otis College Arts of Design in Los Angeles on a full scholarship awarded by the highly competitive Ryman Arts.
“I’m so grateful for winning this award this year. I am grateful to everyone who enjoys my art. I never imagined my art would get me this far. I
wouldn’t have been able to receive this recognition without the help of my family and friends,” said Carissa.
She has been drawing since she was 3 years old and has received numerous awards and recognition for her work. In April-May 2015 she had a solo art exhibit at the Pasadena Hastings Library. Some of her awards include:
- 1st Place, Once City One Story 2016 Art Contest - Pasadena Public Library (2016)
- Bridging Boundaries Award, PUSD's Annual No Boundaries Student Art Exhibit (2016)
- California Assembly Certificate of Recognition for Artistic Achievement form Assemblyman Chris Holden (2016)
- Mayor's Award, So. California H.S. Youth Art Competition, Doerje Change Buddha III Cultural & Art Museum (2016)
- Best Autistic Pride Design, City of Covina and AutismHwy.Com Chalk Art Festival (2015)
- Winner, Pasadena Tournament of Rose - Parade of Roses, An Artistic Challenge (2013)
The Festival celebrates the talents and abilities of autistic people and the organizations that support them. It brings together award recipients and educators in the field of autism from many different countries.
Event participants are provided an opportunity to collaborate and share information and learning in the field of autism. This year the INAP Awards included nominees and recipients representing 27 countries.
More about Carissa's art can be found on her website www.carissaspage.com