Tour Our Schools
Our Children. Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.
Welcome! We are delighted that you are considering the schools of the Pasadena Unified School District as the next step in your child’s education!
The schools of Pasadena Unified offer a wide variety of educational options designed to prepare the critical thinkers, innovators, and leaders of tomorrow.
Vibrant academics, exceptional teachers, and supportive school communities that nurture the whole child are the hallmarks of our schools. We invite you to explore our academic programs, including:
- Dual Language Immersion programs in Spanish, Mandarin, and French
- Art and music programs that connect with Pasadena’s renowned arts and culture
- International Baccalaureate, offered in elementary, middle, and high schools
- Art, STEAM, and Dual Language Immersion magnet schools
- College & Career Academies that prepare students for post-secondary success
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education (TK-5)
- Secondary Education (6-12th grade)
- Math Academy for accelerated middle school students
PUSD's annual Open Enrollment-School Choice period offers families an opportunity to apply to attend a school other than their assigned school in the next academic year.
PUSD's Open Enrollment-School Choice offers families an opportunity to apply to themed, magnet, or specialized schools and programs outside the boundaries of their school of residence. Families can apply for PUSD's Dual Language Immersion Programs in French, Mandarin or Spanish; Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM); International Baccalaureate; visual and performing arts; high school college and career academies, and much more.
Open Enrollment-School Choice selection is by random lottery. Registration for students selected in the first lottery takes place in early March. Online applications for a second lottery, which includes Applications of Interest from out-of-district families, then occur. For a calendar of dates and more information, visit openenrollment.info
The Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records is ready to help you locate schools, provide registration information, and answer questions. We invite you to call us at 626-396-3639.
To learn more, we invite you to visit and tour our schools.
Admissions & Enrollment
Every child living within the boundaries of the Pasadena Unified School District is guaranteed placement in his/her school of residence.