2019 Parent Summit Resources
SIERRA MADRE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL PRESENTS
2019 PARENT SUMMIT
Thursday October 10th 6-7:40 pm
Sierra Madre Elementary School
141 W. Highland Avenue
- Learn strategies that can be implemented at home!
- Support your child in mastering the standards!
- Learn about what is happening in the classroom!
- Fun topics! Something for everyone!
6:00-6:30 pm Workshop Session 1
6:35-7:05 pm Workshop Session 2
7:10-7:40 pm Workshop Session 3
Parent Summit is for all parents! Please come join us for an evening full of valuable information presented by experts in their fields.Break-out sessions will provide grade specific resources and helpful strategies. The same information will be presented in all three sessions.
Please click HERE for a listing of workshop offerings.
Free childcare will be available for children in the cafeteria.
If you missed our 2019 Parent Summit Workshops or would like to revisit topics, resources are below:
Mindfulness - Rebecca Bokoch, Young & Healthy
Workshop Model - Becky Bickel & Jennifer Guzman, SME Faculty
Cooperative Strategies - Laura Palmer, SME Faculty
Growth Mindset - Liz Arnold, Young & Healthy
Chromebook Apps that students can use at home - Harmony Cano, PUSD Innovative Technology Services
Coding - Rhodri Freeman, Code to the Future
Math Games - Susan Andres & Natasha Comer, SME Faculty
STEM - Dany Richey & Alka Kumar, SME Facutly &
Parent Engagement and Student Success - Dr. Julie Flad
Navigating Social Situations with Daughters - Maren Schneider
Bullying Prevention - Paul-Michael Dalton, Counselor
Technology Safety - Paula Timon, LCSW
SSC Parent Summit Archives
Information from 2017 Workshops:
Chromebook Apps and Tech Standards
An Executive Function: A Primer for Parents on Attending to the Challenges of Giftedness and Talent presentation by Morgan Appel, Ph.D.
Parent Resources recommended by Julie McKissick
- IDEA Parent Guide - http://www.ncld.org/wp-content
- Special Education Advocate Newsletter: http://wrightslaw.com/
- Special Education in California (CTA) - http://www.uesf.org/wp-content
- Parent Partnerships (Special Ed Parents’ Advisory Committee-SEPAC) newsletter - http://psusdsepac.weebly.com/u
- How Can You Be Prepared for Your Child’s IEP Meeting? https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Accommodations and Modifications: https://www.youtube.com/watch
- News Notes newsletter (SEPAC)- http://psusdsepac.weebly.com/u
- Connections newsletter (SEPAC)- http://psusdsepac.weebly.com/u
- After School Resources - https://drive.google.com/a/pus
- The World of A.T. - http://psusdsepac.weebly.com/u
- We Rock the Spectrum Kids’ Gym-info@werockthespectrumpasa
- Parents with Children with Down Syndrome: http://clubtwentyone.org/
Internet Safety presentation by Janna Kim, Ph.D.
Math Academy presentation by Helen Chan Hill
STEAM and NGSS
Ushering in the Next Generation of Science presentation by Jodi Marchesso, M.Ed.
Click HERE to view the Parent Summit Workshops for 2016.