Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year!
Why did the M&M go to school?
It wanted to be a Smartie!
Welcome back for the 2021-2022 school year! I have been doing a lot of reading this summer and was able to take a family RV road trip to Tahoe, Yosemite, and the Sequoias and also go white water rafting. This coming year will still have some challenges, but I’m excited to reopen our doors to all of our kiddo’s and step into our new journey of nurturing learners.
- August 10-11 - Teachers return for virtual Professional Development and classroom set-up.
- August 11 – Parent Portal teacher assignment access goes live at 4pm. Check the school website: sme.pusd.us and Parent Portal for all school information. All class placements will be viewable from Parent Portal. If you do not yet have a Parent Portal Account, fill out this access form (click here to download) and email back to email@example.com.
- August 11 – Welcome New Kinders & Welcome Back Social at Memorial Park. Kinders from 4:30-600pm and 1st-5th from 5:30-7:00pm Download Kinder Play date pdf flyer and Welcome Back Social pdf flyer
- August 12 - Welcome Back to School for all students. School begins at 7:50 a.m.
COFFEE + TEA + ME
Please join me on the first day of school, on the front grass for our Coffee + Tea + Me at 8:30am to hear about the plans for this school year. Please park your car and walk up to the grass wearing a mask. We will have coffee and tea plus a few treats as we talk about the first day jitters.
Please join PTA by becoming a member for the 2020-21 school year. You can also find SME PTA on Facebook @SierraMadrePTA.
PTA will be selling school shirts, Spirit Wear, throughout the year as well as digitally. Click on this website to get your school shirt now.
Please join AFB by donating to support SME programs. Donate now at tinyurl.com/SMEAFB2022 and you can also find SME AFB on Facebook @SierraMadreAnnualFund.
The entire staff and I are looking forward to a “better normal” school year as we nurture learners as they grow into brilliant, creative, strong and true hearted leaders within a safe and supportive community. We welcome your ideas, feedback, and support as we “rebuild” our SME family!
For more event information, please be sure to visit our school website at sme.pusd.us.
I’ll connect with you on Sunday, August 8th for our first Sunday Call of the 2021-22 school year to discuss opening day procedures for Thursday, August 12th, 2021!
Stay safe and healthy!
Mrs. Lindsay Lewis Principal
- Welcome letter on SME letterhead
- Sierra Madre Elementary School Family Handbook 2021-2022
- New Family Coffee, Tea & Me
- Join PTA Today
- PTA Parent Permission Waiver form
- About PTA
- Welcome Back Social on August 11
- Kinder Play Date
- Sierra Madre Elementary Parent Groups
- Learn About AFB (Annual Fund Boosters)
- All in for Fall - Annual Fund Booster