Pasadena Unified School District prepares students for success in an ever-evolving world. We are committed to cultural responsiveness and academic excellence.
We will transform education to empower students to succeed.
Our students come first. Our decisions are driven by what is best for them. Our policies, programs, and behaviors are based on:
- Cultural Competency – Our behaviors, policies, and programs affirm the worth and personal dignity of all students, employees and community members. We foster a climate of civility, collegiality, tolerance and reasoned debate, embracing our diversity as a strength that adds vibrancy and creativity to our perspectives, deliberations and decisions.
- Equity – We believe that every child is equally entitled to high quality education, and that different needs require different levels of resources to enable all children to achieve their full potential.
- Accountability – We take responsibility for our actions, decisions and outcomes. We are committed to continuous improvement and use evidence-based approaches to identify improvements that support student success. We make information accessible and our decisions openly.
- Collaboration – We value the participation of parents, students and the community in all aspects of PUSD. We actively seek mutually-beneficial partnerships with people and organizations. We encourage diverse input and differing opinions.
- Fiscal Responsibility – We maintain the public trust by providing high quality services and by using our resources prudently, efficiently and equitably. Preserving the longer term financial viability of the district is always a key factor in our decisions.