Arts, Entertainment, & Media (AEM) Academy
In the John Muir High School Early College Magnet Arts, Entertainment, and Media (AEM) Academy students will be trained in film and television, video production, graphic design, animation, photography, drawing, painting, printmaking,collage, assemblage, sculpting/ceramics, and other visual and performing arts and media. Students will fine-tune their creative energy, master self-expression and hone their critical thinking and problem solving skills. Students are encouraged to explore their natural gifts and artistic passions, turning them into real-world skills through hands-on training such as job shadowing and internships.
Students have opportunities to volunteer alongside top industry professionals and artists at the Senior Film Festival Showcase, the perfect place to mingle with local talent, learn production skills, and get a taste for a career in entertainment, in and out of the spotlight.
YOUR ARTS, ENTERTAINMENT AND MEDIA ACADEMY EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- On and off campus industry specific college and career workshops and field studies.
- Creation of a senior portfolio of your work spanning four years in the arts and presenting to a panel of professionals and industry insiders who assess the craftsmanship behind each piece, helping you to determine the next step in your education.
- Collaboration with industry professionals and peers to plan, organize, direct, film, edit, produce, distribute Public Service Announcements, short films, and mini documentaries.
- Collaboration with real world clients to produce products that promote their business/ entity
- Participation in jazz band, orchestra, choir, drama, dance (optional)
- Spring musical productions designing sets and backdrops or managing visual effects and film production.