Valet Drop Off & Pick-Up Procedures
The safety of your children and all of our students is our number one priority. We have established a number of procedures to keep all of Roosevelt’s students safe as well as providing a smooth transition from your car to our care. Please review the procedures below to ensure a prompt and secure drop off and pick up.
- Enter the drop off area through Rosemont Avenue. The valet-designated area is located in the alley by the north gate.
- Notice and obey all posted signs.
- Drop off time is from 8:10 to 8:40 am.
- Cars should pull up to the farthest cone so that we are able to unload 4-5 cars at a time. Students should only be released at the cones.
- Students should be ready to exit vehicles immediately and only from the passenger side.
- Cars in line should pull up as far to the right as possible to allow for the flow of traffic.
- In the morning, parents may walk their children into the Roosevelt Courtyard. Parents must leave the courtyard through the gates by 8:45 am. Visitors may not follow classes into the buildings.
- Students cannot be unsupervised. Any student arriving to school prior to the designated time must be enrolled in a morning program. Parents who d not comply with our safety procedures and continue to put their children in an unsafe situation will be referred to the authorities.
- Parents wishing to escort their children into the school may only do so if an appropriate parking space is available in the designated parking area by the big tree. Parents are welcome into the pergola during the morning time of 8:00 to 8:40 am. Parents/visitors may not follow classes into any of the buildings.
- The designated car rider pick-up area is along the back gate in the alley on campus. Enter Rosemont Avenue and exit left on Pasadena Avenue. Traffic will flow the same way as drop off in the morning.
- Students enter vehicles on the passenger side only.
- Staff escorts all students so there is no need for drivers to exit vehicles.
- Car riders will begin loading at 1:30 pm on Mondays and at 3:10 pm on Tuesdays through Fridays. All children must be picked up by 3:25 pm. Students not picked up by 3:40 pm will be brought to the office.
- The police will be notified when parents fail to pick up their child by 4:00 pm.
- Vehicles picking up students must display the assigned student number placard.
- Students will only be released to authorized individuals. Identification may be requested if individual is unrecognized by staff.
- Parents wishing to pick up students prior to 3:00 pm must park in an appropriate parking spot and sign their child out in the office.
- Walking parents need to wait for their children by the picnic tables. Visitors may not enter the main building or wait in front of classrooms or in the hallways.
- The gate by the alley serves as an entrance and exit for the valet line. Due to safety concerns, all pedestrians and bicyclists will use the walking gate closest to Pasadena Avenue.