Washington STEAM Magnet Academy provides a rigorous science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics-based curriculum that addresses the needs of each student.
Our students become problem solvers, innovators, logical thinkers, literate in technology, and self-reliant through our Project Lead the Way, Gateway to Technology, and hands-on, STEAM and Project-Based Learning curriculum programs.
The STEAM theme adds value to the core curriculum by generating motivation through engagement in all content areas.
Benefits of Attending our Magnet Academy:
- Instruction that addresses the STEAM theme across all subject areas
- Wirelss internet access throughout campus
- Utilize technology such as Chromebooks and Goofle on a daily basis
- Hands-on Project-Based Learning activities
- College Access Plan: College Readiness Program available for all grades
- The Arts: elite Music Center partership, Glee Club, and instrumental music classes
- Honors classes offered
- Project Leady the Way modules: Flight and Space Automation, Robotics, Design and Modeling (3-D printing), and Medical Detectives