For more information on our next CAC meeting information, please click here.
The purpose of the CAC is to:
Advise and assist in the development, revision and review of the Local Plan for Special Education.
Recommend annual priorities to be addressed by the Local plan.
Encourage parent and community involvement in the development, revision and review of the Local Plan and in the implementation of related duties.
Have a basic understanding of and familiarity with the laws and regulations, which impact programs for students with special education needs.
Bring awareness to legislation and issues related to special education.
Promote parent and community education programs and services including a parent handbook and newsletter.
Support school and community activities on behalf of students with exceptional needs.
Prepare periodic reports of CAC activities for the School Board and Superintendent.
Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
WELCOME TO PUSD SPECIAL EDUCATION/SELPA:
The Pasadena Unified School District's Special Education Division is committed to the educational success of students who have disabilities. Our department provides services for students with disabilities from our Early Start (infant) through age 22 years in our Adult Transition and Workability programs.
The Special Education Division is committed to students and supporting them throughout the educational journey by establishing equitable programs and inclusive environments that ensure active participation in the learning process and prepares every individual for a successful and independent future after graduation.
We provide a caring, engaging, challenging educational experience for every student, every day in partnership with our families and communities.
Special Education Division Goals
- Build strong schools and parent relationships.
- Strengthen the IEP Process
- Improve learning and student outcomes
- Strengthen the partnerships with general education educators
CAC-Public Notice regarding Nominations -Jan 23 2023
Please click here for the public hearing notice for cac executive committee nominations. Details in the notice.
Haga clic aquí para ver el aviso de audiencia pública para las nominaciones del comité ejecutivo de cac. Detalles en el aviso.
A public hearing for the 2022-23 Annual Budget & Service Plan will be held at the May 26 meeting.
It will be listed as an "upcoming" public hearing at our next board meeting on April 28th.
Links to both documents are listed below:
2022-23 Annual Budget & Service Plan
Section A: Contacts and Certifications
The district has created a letter to parents and guardians about Independent Studies programs and students with disabilities.
- Performance Indicator Review 2018-19
- 19-20 SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plan
- 19-20 SPED contact list (Contact list for Parents)
- Prepare your Child with Special Needs for School Emergencies
- 20-21 Annual Service Plan-ALL SECTIONS
- Pasadena Unified SELPA 19.20 SEP Targeted 1
- Special Education SEP Plan
- 21-22 APPROVED Local Plan -Sections A, B,D,E, Certifications
- 22-23 SY SPED Org Chart (updated 3.20.23)
- Transportation Contact Numbers
- 22-23 SY PUBLIC HEARING SELPA ANNUAL SERVICE & BUDGET PLAN
- 22-23 SY SELPA ANNUAL SERVICE & BUDGET PLAN
- Pasadena USD Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE) Guidelines
Main Office: 626-396-3600
Dr. Jovan Jacobs
Associate Superintendent, Specialized Student Supp./SELPA
626-396-3600 ext. 88605
Ms. Alma Ellis
Director, Special Education
626-396-3600 ext. 88616
626-396-3600 ext. 88605
Record Request: Contact Gig Phoong (email@example.com)
Requests can be done via fax (626-405-9946) or via email to Gig Phoong.
- Monthly Awareness
This month we bring awareness to:
- International Wheelchair Day – March 1
- World Down Syndrome Day – March 21
- Purple Day for Epilepsy – March 26
- World Autism Awareness Week (UK) – March 29 – April 4
- Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month – March
- Developmental Disabilities Month – March
- Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month – March
You are your child’s primary advocate. You are an essential member of the educational team that designs the school program that meets your child’s needs. Your firsthand, round-the-clock knowledge of your child is important information. We encourage you to ask questions and seek the information you need to make wise decisions about your child’s future.