Guidelines and Procedures
The safety of our students is our highest priority at Altadena Elementary School. To ensure the safety and security of our students during the instructional day, the following procedures have been implemented:
- The gates surrounding the perimeter of the school, except for the main gates in front of the school, will be locked during the instructional day.
- All parents and visitors to the Altadena School campus must report to the main desk, sign-in, and obtain a vistor's badge.
- Students shall not arrive at school before 7:30 a.m. Supervision begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Students may be dropped off in front of the school in the passenger loading/unloading zone on Calaveras Street.
- Students shall use the crosswalk when crossing Calaveras Street and El Molino Avenue. (Do not allow your child to cross in the middle of the street.)
- If a student arrives after 7:50 a.m., the student shall be escorted by the parent to the main office, where a pass/tardy slip will be issured to the student.
- Parents and visitors are prohibited from entering the cafeteria during meal times, including breakfast and lunch.
- Parents and visitors are prohibited from going onto the playground without a staff escort.