Before & After School Care
Before School Care
Morning supervision is provided beginning at 7:45am in the cafeteria, Monday through Friday. All students are expected to eat breakfast and/or read quietly; during this time a credentialed teacher is also available to provide homework help. Students in Grades 1-5 are dismissed at 8:25am to the playground for supervised play. Kindergarteners sit together in the cafeteria and are then escorted to their classrooms by a teacher’s aide (they are not released to the playground before school). There is no charge for this service.
After School Care
Hamilton offers two after school care programs that operate Monday from 1:30pm to 6:00pm and Tuesday through Friday from 3:10pm to 6:00pm. Applications for both after school programs are also available at the Back to School Meet & Greet prior to the start of the school year or by contacting the respective on-site program directors.
After School Adventures Program (formerly "Parks and Rec")
Pasadena's After School Adventures Program provides affordable, flexible and convenient after school child care for only $25 per week. (Sibling discount available.)Kids will:
- Be supervised by well-trained and compassionate staff.
- Experience exciting and fun activities including games, sports, and cooking projects.
- Express themselves through art, music and drama.
- Socialize and meet new friends.
- Have homework assistance available.
- Build their self confidence through positive play and socialization.
- Learn the benefits of eating healthy and living an active lifestyle - snacks included.
- Always feel safe and part of our AfterSchool Adventures Program family!
PasadenaLEARNs offers a balanced program consisting of homework help, leadership development, visual and performing arts classes, structured recreation, and other academic enrichment activities. Students are required to attend daily. PasadenaLEARNs is offered on a sliding scale fee basis. For more information, contact Marie Novelo at (626) 396-5730.
Hamilton also has various clubs and enrichment programs. These are additional opportunities for your child to nurture academic and extracurricular interests, or just learn something new!