The Student Council is a group of students in grades 4th-5th, elected to represent their classes. Once a month representatives get together with the principal to conduct a variety of business concerning Hamilton Elementary and the community.
◻ September 12th: Applications available from 4th and 5th grade teachers.
◻ September 20th: Applications due to Miss Loni, Leadership Center (Room E141). by the beginning of The 4th/5th grade Lunch Period. After applications have been received, students will receive butcher paper to create campaign posters (Only two per person). Students are not allowed to hang or display poster boards without teacher permission. No applications will be accepted after 1:30 p.m.
◻ September 21st: Posters available from Miss Loni in Leadership Center (Room E141) at 10 a.m.
◻ September 27th: All candidates must turn in posters and attend a lunch meeting from 1:00-1:30 in the Computer Lab.
◻ October 3rd: All speeches must be turned into Mrs. Weissenberger by 1:00 for review and approval. Must have two copies (one for principal and one for practice). Students are responsible to keep a copy of their speech. No changes are allowed to be made without checking with the principal.
◻ October 6 (Thursday) : Election Day! Students will be making their speech to fellow students from 9:45-10:45 a.m.. Ambassadors will not be making speeches. Remember to PRACTICE!!!
- You may choose one campaign manager to help you.
- You may only display two posters around campus and use the paper providedfor you in the Computer Lab.
- You and your campaign manager may dress alike; wear matching shirts, or buttons.
- You may not give away candy, pencils, or stickers to voters.
- Speeches will be given before voting on October 6, 2016.
- If you have a campaign manager, he/she will introduce their candidate with a brief and exciting introductory speech. The campaign manager will only have one minute to introduce your candidate.
- You cannot make promises you cannot honor such as no homework or longer recess, etc.
- Speeches will be no longer than 2 minutes, must be approved and turned in on time.
- You must be responsible for rehearsing.
- After applications have been submitted in on time, students will receive butcher paper to be used for the campaign posters from Miss Loni. Only two pieces will be allowed. You may use your own paper for your poster. Your poster may not be larger than the paper given to students (no larger than 36 inches by 48 inches).
- You may use photos, illustrations and cut or paste things to your poster. Be bright, creative and bold to capture your audience.