CIS Academy Student Wellness Page
Wellness Is Multidimensional
Wellness is about more than just physical health. Most models of wellness include at least six dimensions (and sometimes up to 9 or 12):
- Physical: Nourishing a healthy body through exercise, nutrition, sleep, etc.
- Mental: Engaging the world through learning, problem-solving, creativity, etc.
- Emotional: Being aware of, accepting and expressing our feelings, and understanding the feelings of others.
- Spiritual: Searching for meaning and higher purpose in human existence.
- Social: Connecting and engaging with others and our communities in meaningful ways.
- Environmental: Fostering positive interrelationships between planetary health and human actions, choices and wellbeing.
ResourcesCrisis Text Line:
Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor
Suicide Prevention Hotline:
Ayuda en Español:
California Youth Crisis Line:
call or text: 1-800-843-5200
National Alliance on Mental Illness:
24hr Crisis Hotline for LGBTQ Youth:
Guidance and Support Through Text and Chat:
Pasadena Unified School District Resources
Los Angeles County Resources