Enrollment and Registration

  • Applications and Enrollment Information is available at pusd.us/enrollment.


    Is Altadena Arts Magnet my school of residence?

    Altadena Arts Magnet is a school of residence with an attendance area of families who have the privilege of enrolling in the English program based on their home address.  

    Determine if you live within the school attendance boundary:

    Use the SCHOOL LOCATOR to see if your family resides in the attendance area.

    Families residing within the Altadena Arts Magnet school attendance boundary:

    A student residing in the school attendance area for Altadena Arts Magnet, not on a permit to attend another Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) campus, may register for the English program online or at the school site year-round. 

    To enroll your child you will need to provide the following documents before you plan to begin school:

      Two of the following items can be used
      Rental Agreement
      Utility Bill
      House Deed
      Lease Agreement
      Required of all students new to the Pasadena Unified School District entering K-12 grades
      Proof of immunization record required of all students new/returning to the Pasadena Unified School District

    Additional information regarding registration is available through PUSD's Office of Enrollment, Permits, and Student Records

    Families interested in the French Immersion Program and families interest in the English program who are not residing in Altadena Arts Magnet’s attendance boundary: 

    These families may apply through the District's annual OPEN ENROLLMENT process. 

    Families new-to-PUSD following the close of Open Enrollment who do not reside in the Altadena Arts Magnet's attendance boundary:

    New-to-PUSD students may apply at the Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records, District Offices:  351 S Hudson Ave. in Room 210, up until two weeks prior to the first day of the school year. Please email districtregistrar@pusd.us for assistance.

    Non-PUSD families:

    Interested families from other school districts apply through PUSD's Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records. Non-PUSD families will need to arrange for an Inter-district Permit. Please visit the Interdistrict Permit site for more information.