John Muir High School is home to the only Early College in PUSD.
In collaboration with Pasadena City College (PCC), students engage in a rigorous, four-year program, earning up to two years of transferable college credit while in high school.
Pasadena City College has a Northwest Campus located at John Muir High School. Early College courses are offered through PCC on John Muir’s campus.
- Students can earn up to two years of college credits that meet Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) while earning a high school diploma.
- All course fees and materials are FREE for John Muir students.
Early College students are enrolled in one of three career-focused academies. Academies are aligned with students interests and career goals, and are supported by leading industry partners who provide career-related experiential learning including field trips, job shadows, internships and guest speakers.
Unmatched College Savings
Early College @ John Muir High School is tuition free.
- All fees, books, and course materials are waived for dual enrollment courses.
- Save an average of $1,500-$15,000 per year in tuition and fees.
- Complete up to two years of college at the time of high school graduation.
Public College or University
Approximate Tuition and Fees Per Year
California Community College
California State University
University of California
Early College @ John Muir High School
Comprehensive Student Support
- Tutors, mentors, and an Early College Counselor are available for guidance and personalized academic advisement.
- Muir and PCC provide tutoring services, college application assistance, and financial aid workshops, and SAT Prep classes.
- All freshmen learn AVID strategies and begin their Early College journey with an introductory college course to build stamina for college-level courses.
- Students participate in a weekly Early College Seminar to develop their 10-year education plan and participate in college and career workshops.