We are excited to offer the only STEAM-integrated Spanish Dual Language Immersion program at the secondary level in Pasadena Unified.
Some of our program features:
- Spanish Language Arts
- Ancient Civilizations (6th grade) taught in Spanish (expanding to 7th and 8th grade in 2019-20 and 2020-21)
- The opportunity for our students to take an optional 7th period elective
- Glee Club (Choir/Musical Theatre Production)
- Bilingualism and Bi-literacy: Students develop a high level of thinking, listening, speaking, reading, writing proficiency in the English and the partner language.
- Academic Excellence: Students strive for academic excellence in all subject areas, meeting or exceeding District and Common Core State Standards.
- Multicultural Understanding: Students develop positive attitudes and appreciation toward world languages and cultures in our global society, promoting their involvement in world issues.