Admission and Enrollment

  • Is Cleveland Elementary my school of residence?

    Cleveland Elementary is a school of residence with an attendance area of families who have the privilege of enrolling based on their home address.  

    Determine if you live within the school attendance boundary:

    Use the SCHOOL LOCATOR to see if your family resides in the attendance area.

    Families residing within the Cleveland Elementary attendance boundary:

    A student residing in the school attendance area for Cleveland Elementary, not on a permit to attend another Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) campus, may register at the school site year-round. 

    To enroll your child you will need to  bring the following documents with you on the day before you plan to begin school:

    Two of the following items can be used
    Rental Agreement
    Utility Bill
    House Deed
    Lease Agreement

    Required of all students new to the Pasadena Unified School District entering K-12 grades

    Proof of immunization record required of all students new/returning to the Pasadena Unified School District

    4 doses DPT
    4 doses Polio
    3 doses Hepatitis B
    Varicella Vaccination
    Current TB(within one year old)
    Dental Exam

    Physical Examination

    For any other questions about registration and enrollment, please visit our Registration and Enrollment FAQ's

    Families not residing in the Cleveland Elementary's attendance boundary

    Families not residing within Cleveland's boundaries may apply through the District's annual OPEN ENROLLMENT process. Please check OPEN ENROLLMENT for more information, including deadline dates and how to apply online. 

    Families new-to-PUSD following the close of Open Enrollment who do not reside in the Cleveland Elementary's attendance boundary:

    New-to-PUSD students may apply at the Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records, District Offices:  351 S Hudson Ave. in Room 210, up until two weeks prior to the first day of the school year. 

    Non-PUSD families:

    Interested families from other school districts apply at the Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records, Office of Enrollment, Permits & Student Records, District Offices:  351 S Hudson Ave. in Room 210.  Do not apply at the school. Non-PUSD families will need to arrange for an Interdistrict Permit.