Sierra Madre Elementary School Dress Code Policy
- Health: Clothing must be clean and must be adequate to protect children from weather conditions.
- Safety: Clothing that puts the wearer or others at risk, including symbolic gang attire, cannot be worn.
- Decency: Clothing must conform to societal norms in regard to modesty, with respect for self and others.
- Positive Graphics Only
- No spaghetti straps. Tops must have sleeves.
- May not reveal midriff or underwear.
- Not excessively tight or baggy.
- May not reveal underwear or skin at waist or midriff.
- Length of walking shorts and skirts must be closer to the knee than to the buttocks.
- Be secure around the ankle in some way (tie, buckle, strap, etc.)
- Have no more elevation than a typical tennis shoe.
- Style: Any sweater, sweatshirt, jacket and/or rain gear.
- Color: Student's choice
- For outdoor use, not in the classroom.
- No scarves.
- Tops: any solid color
- Bottoms: Black, Blue, Gray, Green, Khaki
- Fridays: Green Shirt Day
- Playdays: Free Dress Day (or theme dress), 8 days in school year on Master Calendar. Free Dress Day choices must reflect the Basic Presumptions of Health, Safety, and Decency.