Welcome To Athletics
The PUSD Athletic Department believes that athletic and extracurricular participation improves our student’s lives and provides the foundation for academic excellence. The PUSD Athletic Department is composed of Blair, John Muir, Marshall Fundamental and Pasadena high schools.
Title IX-Sex Based Nondiscrimination Statute
Each student has a right to learn and play in an environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. No District student shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity or expression. ARTICLE 3. Prohibition of Discrimination [220 - 221.1] ( Heading of Article 3 amended by Stats. 1998, Ch. 914, Sec. 16. ) 220. No person shall be subjected to discrimination on the basis of disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that is contained in the definition of hate crimes set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code in any program or activity conducted by an educational institution that receives, or benefits from, state financial assistance or enrolls pupils who receive state student financial aid.
(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 719, Sec. 5. Effective January 1, 2012.)
- Students will be provided with opportunities to practice, travel, and compete in safe environments and conditions.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to apply learned skills and strategies effectively in competitive settings.
- Current and accurate athletic information will be provided to staff, students, parents, community, and the media.
- PUSD coaching personnel are expected to demonstrate high standards of professionalism and serve as role models for our student athletes.
- PUSD coaching personnel will develop positive parental relationships.
- PUSD coaching and training personnel will develop strategies to promote community support for our athletic programs, events and athletes.
- We are accountable for our actions and decisions ensuring that they positively impact our students, athletes, staff, administration, and community members.
- We are committed to providing and establishing safe and fair learning activities and opportunities.
- We are committed to develop a relationship based on trust with all of our stakeholders.
- We will respect ourselves and our worthy opponents at all times.
- We will display the qualities of good sportsmanship while demonstrating our integrity and character at all times.
- We will strive for excellence as it is the measure of our high standards. We will work hard and always strive for teamwork and continuous improvement.
Athletics News Updates
Pasadena Unified School District, is better known as “Pasadena” to the CIF~Southern Section Basketball Playoff Championships world. As I enjoyed the game last night vs. Walnut High School, during the basketball game, the PA announcer kept recapping, “Pasadena~Mustangs” and all I kept thinking was, “…what a perfect description of Pasadena Basketball at this moment in time. Mustangs and Bulldogs are one.” Yesterday J. Muir High School & Pasadena High School took a gigantic step and earned their way to the Final Four! 1. PHS Boys Basketball Division I Bulldogs (22-6), Pacific League Champions host a playoff game Friday, Feb. 23rd @ 7:00 p.m. @ Maranatha H.S. Gymnasium vs. Rancho Verde Mustangs of Moreno Valley (22-9). 2. J. Muir H.S. Basketball Division 2-A Mustangs (23-7) Pacific League 2nd place, traveling to Santa Barbra CA vs. San Marcos Royals (24-6) Friday, Feb. 23rd @ 7:00 p.m. Addtionally, this season, February 13, 2018 BRAVO, PUSD is beating the odds!!! PUSD is standing tall, prideful with resolve while representing in this year’s basketball and soccer CIF~SS 2018 Championship 32 Team Playoff Brackets mailto:https://cifss.org/. The championship playoff games begin Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Congratulations Varsity Coaches & Student Athletes: 1. Anthony Brooks, PHS Boys Basketball Division I Bulldogs, Pacific League Champions earned a bye, they play Friday Feb. 16th @ 7:00 p.m. @ Marshall H.S. Gymnasium 2. Simaine Stewart, J. Muir H.S. Basketball Division 2-A Mustangs Pacific League 2nd place vs. Saugus Centurions play Feb. 15th @ Home 7:00 p.m. 3. Jelani Gardner, Blair HS Boys Basketball Division 3-A Vikings, Rio Hondo League 2nd Place vs. Elsinore Tigers Feb. 14th @ Home 7:00 p.m. 4. Jett del Mundo, PHS Girls Basketball Division 3-A Bulldogs, Pacific League 2nd place travel to San Gabriel H.S. Matadors Feb. 15th @ 7:00 p.m. 5. Cherif Zein, PHS Boys Soccer Division 4 Bulldogs, Pacific League 4th place travel to Westlake Village H.S. Warriors Feb.