Substitute Request

  • Sub calling system: (626) 577-5390

    How to Apply for a Substitute Position

    Substitute positions are posted on Ed-Join on an as needed basis. You may check Ed-Join to see if the position is open.  All applications must be submitted online through Ed-Join.  Pasadena Unified is a paperless District, which means we will not accept hard copy applications. 

    Requirements to become a substitute for Pasadena Unified School:

    • Bachelor Degree (BA or BS)
    • Passed CBEST Test
    • California Teaching or 30-day Substitute Credential
    • 3 Letters of Reference
    • Updated TB Test Results