Masking Updates for Students
Masking now required for all outdoor activities where physical distancing is not feasible, except while eating or drinking.
It is strongly recommended but not required that students wear upgraded masks which at a minimum are well-fitting, non-cloth mask of multiple layers of non-woven material with a nose wire. Nothing in this protocol requires that the school provide upgraded masks to its general student population and parental preference should be respected as to the level of PPE the student wears. However, universal masking with some appropriate type of face covering is still currently required for both indoor and outdoor settings on the school campus and on school buses.
What Your Peers Say About Vaccines
PUSD COVID-19 Testing Program
In accordance with the state public health order, school employees must present proof of vaccination or take weekly tests. Employees must complete an online attestation form.
To bolster safety measures, PUSD requires all unvaccinated students in grades TK-12 to be tested weekly for COVID-19, with informed parent/guardian consent. Vaccinated students may also be tested with informed parent guardian consent.
- All students under age 12 will get weekly COVID-19 tests with informed parent/guardian consent
- Students age 12 and older must present proof of vaccination or take weekly tests with informed parent/guardian consent. Students will need to upload proof of vaccination.
Youth Sports (Following the Los Angeles County Public Health Protocols for Youth Sports):
- Indoor Moderate or High-Risk Sports for children of all ages, staff, coaches, and volunteers. A weekly negative test result is required for all participants who are not fully vaccinated, including children who are playing, staff, coaches, and volunteers; weekly school testing fulfills this obligation.
- Outdoor Moderate or High-Risk Sports for youth 12 and older, staff, coaches, and volunteers. A weekly negative test result is required for all participants 12 and older who are not fully vaccinated, including children who are playing, staff, coaches, and volunteers; weekly school testing fulfills this obligation.
Mobile Testing Clinics
PUSD Mobile Testing clinics visit school campuses once per week for student and staff testing.
- Mondays, 7:45-11:00: Marshall Fundamental, Pasadena High School & CIS, John Muir High School, Blair School
- 8 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Drive-thru testing at PUSD Education Center (excluding school holidays)
- Tuesdays, 7:45-3:30: Altadena Arts Magnet, Field Elementary, Washington Elementary STEM Magnet, Norma Coombs Elementary, Eliot Arts Magnet, Focus Point Academy
- Wednesdays, 7:45-3:30: Longfellow Elementary, Don Benito Elementary, Washington STEAM. Willard Elementary & Pasadena Adult Living Skills (PALS) & Coordinated Independent Study, Jackson STEM Dual Language Magnet, McKinley Elementary School
- Thursdays, 7:45 - 3:30: Webster Elementary, Sierra Madre Elementary, Madison Elementary, San Rafael Elementary, McKinley Middle School
- Friday: 7:45-3:30: Sierra Madre Middle School, Hamilton Elementary, Cleveland Early Childhood Education, Rose City High School