PUSD Athletics Goals
- Students will be provided with opportunities to practice, travel, and compete in safe environments and conditions.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to apply learned skills and strategies effectively in competitive settings.
- Staff will provide accurate athletic information to students, parents, the community, and the media.
- PUSD coaching personnel are expected to demonstrate high standards of professionalism and serve as role models for our student-athletes.
- PUSD coaching personnel will develop positive parental relationships.
- PUSD coaching and training personnel will develop strategies to promote community support for our athletic programs, events, and athletes.
- PUSD will be the first choice for student-athletes in the region.
- PUSD will have well-maintained fields and athletic facilities
- PUSD will have competitive teams.
- PUSD will have relationships with colleges and universities to promote our students-athletes
- PUSD will recruit and retain athletic coaches with competitive stipends, training, and support
- PUSD will promote the value of athletics, including promotion of teaching and learning
- PUSD will promote and develop positive character traits (CIF Pursuing Victory with Honor)
- PUSD will develop success on and off-field for student-athletes