Virtual Volunteering Opportunities:
- L. A Works - This site has several options serving local charities, including making masks for doctors, first-responders, the elderly, and other high-risk groups, as well as creating care kits for the homeless.
- United Nations Volunteers - Connects you with global organizations working for peace and development in need of skills like research, writing, art, and design.
- Literati- This crowd-sourced smartphone app tracks litter you collect.
- Catchafire - This volunteer search tool is exclusively for online volunteer projects. Each one has a timeline that can range anywhere from an hour to a few weeks. You can help not-for-profit with tasks like writing thank-you letters or editing photos.
- Zooniverse - Spend as much or as little time as you'd like identifying endangered animals, classifying galaxy systems, or transcribing Shakespearean manuscripts.
- DoSomething.org - Geared towards younger volunteers, DoSomething has several online campaigns to help solve real-world problems, from racism and social issues to creating the largest crowdsourced anti-bullying guide.
- Smithsonian Transcription Project - Become a Smithsonian Digital Volunteer and help make historical documents and biodiversity data more accessible. Join 31,102 "volunteers" to add more to the total 652,111 pages of field notes, diaries, ledgers, logbooks, currency proof sheets, photo albums, manuscripts, biodiversity specimens labels that have been collaboratively transcribed and reviewed so far.
- Points of Light is the largest global volunteer network. From their website, you can review the world's largest network of volunteer opportunities.
- AmeriCorps is a government-run volunteer response organization to help communities in need. Register with them to get linked with volunteer opportunities.
- VolunteerMatch is a volunteer hub that lets you search through their database of different types of volunteer experiences. PEF Volunteers Needed - Visit the PEF Website to find Volunteer opportunities within PUSD. Currently, they are looking for volunteers to help at Vaccination Clinics, organizing the PUSD Warehouse, helping with Deliveries, and helping distribute Produce and Food Boxes.
- The Pasadena Humane Society has a variety of volunteer opportunities for students under age 16 listed on their website. Current opportunities include with the Cat Adoptions Team, the Poster Pawtrol, and as a Shelter Greeter. There are more volunteer opportunities available
Pasadena Social Services
Pasadena Social Services is dedicated to serving our community by providing free online health and social services information to the public. Our organization serves people of all races, creeds, and religions. We do not discriminate. We merely support our fellow citizens and serve as a guiding light.
Volunteer Center of San Gabriel Valley
The Volunteer Center of San Gabriel Valley is opening one volunteer opportunity at our East Los Angeles office. Help us make our community a better place to live! You will be helping the staff with Filling and checking files. Must have good customer service skills. Being Bilingual ( English- Spanish ) is a plus!
Foothill Unity Center is a place of real hope and possibilities for people in crisis throughout the San Gabriel Valley-offering food, temporary shelter, case management, transportation, referrals, and a variety of health services for low-income and homeless people in eleven communities in Los Angeles County.
Are you an animal lover looking for a meaningful volunteer experience? Our volunteers support every area of the Pasadena Humane Society. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the animals in our care. Help us work towards making a more humane community for all animals!
By volunteering with the American Red Cross, you’ll join a worldwide movement dedicated to providing relief to victims of the disaster. Whether you’re in career transition, a student looking for experience, work full-time, retired, or have a few extra hours, you too can make a difference and save lives.