The San Gabriel Valley (SGV) Chapter of the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
(NOBLE) provides this award, sponsored by the Rodney D & Donnetha Wallace Family, to high school
students who have demonstrated academic achievement and have shown a commitment to improving
their communities. Students who have exhibited strong leadership, the ability to direct and inspire others
and a dedication to community service are best suited for this award.
Scholarship recipients shall be determined based on the following criteria. The student must:
• Be a high school senior receiving a diploma at the culmination of the school year.
• Possess a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or better.
• Reside and/or attend high school within the boundaries of the SGV Chapter which encompasses the
City of Burbank east to the Inland Empire.
• Be accepted to an accredited college or university and committed to attend during the 2021/22
Each scholarship is a one-time award. To be considered for this award, students must complete and submit
the following by Friday, April 9, 2021:
• An Application (Personal Information) Form including a wallet-size photograph.
• A 450-word essay authored by the applicant on the topic below:
“The lessons we learn from obstacles and disruptions of life can be fundamental to later success.
How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected you with your academic and career goals?”
• Your Unofficial School Transcripts
• A typed record of your extracurricular activities, community involvement and volunteer experiences
• Proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university
• Two Letters of Recommendation (school and community organization)
One award of 1,000 will be given this year.
The deadline date for submission of applications/essays is April 9, 2021 at 5 PM. Mailed entries must be
postmarked by April 5, 2021. Status letters will be emailed the week of April 19th. Finalists will be
interviewed on Saturday, May 1, 2021 and/or Sunday, May 2, 2021.
Mail: NOBLE San Gabriel Valley Chapter Scholarships
P. O. Box 2167
Pasadena, California 91102
Attn: Scholarship Committee