There are lots of opportunities to stay informed at Blair, to get involved and to meet other people. To make it as easy as possible for busy families to get plugged in and connect with the Blair family, Blair has "First Thursday." Our Blair community gathers monthly to squeeze as much as possible into just one night out for everyone. This takes place, with rare exceptions, on the first Thursday of each month, therefore called, "First Thursday"!
Each First Thursday includes a special presentation. Presentations are from 6:30-7:30 pm.Our First Thursday timetable is typically as follows:
The PTSA is not only a Parent Teacher Association, but includes Student members as well. The PTSA Association meeting is open to all, though only members may vote.
- 3:30 pm School Site Council (SSC), open to all
- 5:30 pm PTSA Association meeting
- 6:00 pm Special presentation - How to fail and why that's a good thing by Liz Arnold, Young and Healthy
- 6:30 - 7:30 Pull-outs and support group meetings (may include Sports, Dual Language, Middle School Advisory etc.)
- 7:00 pm ELAC (English Learners Advisory Committee).