How to Checkout Books
Are you ready to borrow some of our AMAZING books?
Here's what you need to know...
Purpose: JMHS would like to provide drive through service every other Thursday from 1:30-4:00 pm for students to pick up library books to read. At the drive through service behind the library, students would be able to:
- Pick up previously reserved books (students can do this through Destiny Discover) that are packaged & labeled for them and ready to be handed off into their cars.
- Observe from their vehicle or from behind a rope at 6 ft distance, a curated collection of popular books to request for curbside checkout service.
- Return library books to a return bin.
Safety: To make sure that the service is safe for everyone involved, we will adhere to the following:
- Staff working the curbside pickup will wear a mask at all times and gloves will be offered to those touching common items such as books.
- Staff will sanitize hands before and after handling books for each student.
- We will require that all participants maintain proper physical distancing of 6 ft, with arms extended when exchanging books.
- Books will be quarantined after they are returned to the site for at least 72 hours before being checked in and made available to the next student.
- Students will not be allowed to handle available books. They will view them from a distance to make requests if they did not make a prior reservation.
Here are the steps to reserve a book ahead of time.
Step 1: Login to Destiny Discover
Click here to go to Destiny Discover. (Links to an external site.)
Click Log In
Then click PUSD SSO Login
Step 2: Browse our Catalog
Search for books using key words, explore books through the topics buttons, or view collections.
Once you find a book you want to check out, click on the icon or title of the book.
This book will now be on hold for you. :)
Step 3: Pick up your book at the Library Book Drive Through
**The Library Book Drive Through is open every other Thursday from 1:30-4 pm. Please see the Calendar below.**
Enter campus through the Wyoming/Forest Gate.
Proceed to the back door of the library.
WEAR A MASK that covers your mouth and nose!
Stay behind the lines/rope while we get your book.
Library Book Drive Through Calendar