Accepted Food Items & Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in donating food to the disadvantaged families of the Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) through the Families in Transition program at the PUSD Center for Student & Family Services. The following is a list of approved food items that can be accepted and distributed to PUSD families:
- Canned Beans
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Fish (Tuna and Salmon)
- Canned Meat (SPAM and Ham)
- Canned Vegetables
- Cooking Oils (Olive and Canola)
- Dried Herbs and Spices
- Fruit (Canned or Dried)
- Granola Bars
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Meals in a Box
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Milk
- Soup, Stew and Chili
- Whole Grain Cereal
In order to safeguard the students and families receiving food donations through our program, please abide by the following guidelines:
- We cannot distribute cans without labels.
- We cannot accept home-canned goods.
- We cannot distribute opened products.
- We do not accept candy and soda.
- Please donate retail sized items.
- Foods must be in original packaging.
- We cannot accept pet food.
- Please do not donate products with expiration dates that have expired.