Superintendent Brian McDonald Message to the PUSD Community
PUSD Information on COVID-19
Please check the PUSD Messages section (at right) for the latest updates. Or call the Hotline at (626) 396-3680.
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) is providing this update on COVID-19 (previously referred to as "coronavirus') to address community interest on the potential impact on our schools and community.
PUSD is partnering with the Pasadena Public Health Department, the L.A. County Office of Education and the L.A. County Department of Public Health to monitor the latest developments about COVID-19, provide accurate information to our communities, and keep our students, teachers, and staff safe and healthy.
California, L.A. County and Pasadena have issued Safer at Home public health orders to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Your actions to stay at home will keep you and your family safer, as well as protect others in our community from COVID-19.
Individuals can take everyday actions to protect the community and preserve local healthcare resources including:
- Do not have non-essential gatherings with anyone outside of your immediate family (living with you); essential gatherings include medical visits and purchasing food;
- If you are sick, isolate yourself from others in your home and call your doctor to determine what care you need;
- If available, consider using telemedicine to speak with a healthcare provider, rather than visiting the emergency room or urgent care;
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people when on essential outings such as grocery shopping or riding public transit to an essential job;
- Continue strict personal hand hygiene and cleaning of surfaces; and
- If you have recently returned from an area with ongoing COVID-19 infections, follow public health guidance and monitor your health. Call your healthcare providers and inform them about your travel history if you need care.
PUSD Health Programs Contacts
Health Programs Office
626.396.3600 ext. 88243