Benefits of an Early College Magnet Education
- Students save time and money by earning CSU/UC transferable college credits for FREE while in high school.
- Early College students are guided every step of the way by multiple mentors including additional counselors to ensure success in rigorous college courses.
- Students have access to additional advisement and tutoring support including a weekly advisement course, “Early College Seminar”.
- Parents learn about current college processes and procedures through family workshops which include topics such as financial aid and college entry examinations.
- John Muir High School Early College Magnet is the ONLY Early College program at a comprehensive, career-themed academy high school. This means that students gain access to job shadows, internships, guest speakers, business partners, student-run enterprises, and career-themed field trips.
- A high school student who takes at least one college course while in high school is more likely to attend college and graduate.