Student Responsibilities For Caring For Chromebooks
- Leave asset tags displayed; do not tamper with or remove.
- Leave vents uncovered.
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth if needed.
- To clean other parts of the device (including keyboard), use designated computer disinfectant wipes. Never clean an electronic device with water.
- Report any damage to the device as soon as possible. This means no later than the next school day.
- Center the device on the desk.
- Use two hands to open the lid and carry the device.
- Close the lid before standing up.
- Follow all directions given by the teacher.
- Follow copyright laws and cite appropriately sources used from electronic media.
- Convey to your teacher as quickly as possible, without discussing with other students, any identified security problems or potential online safety issues.
- Never pile things on top of the device.
- Store device flat and standing up on its side.
- Never leave the device on the bottom of the locker.
- Never leave the locker set to open without entering the combination.
Traveling to, from, and around school
- Never leave the device unattended for any reason. Use lockers/PE lockers to lock up in school.
- Completely shut down the device before traveling.
- Do not leave the device in a vehicle.
- If ever in a situation where someone is threatening you for your device, give it to them and tell a staff member as soon as you arrive at school.
- Do not lean against the device or on your backpack with the device inside.
- Take your device home every day.
- Charge the device fully each night.
- Use the device in a common room of the home.
- Store the device on a desk or table - never on the floor!
- Leave the power cord/charger at home.
- Protect the device from:
- Extreme heat or cold
- Food and drinks
- Other liquid substances
- Small children or pets