- Balanced Literacy is an approach to Language Arts education.
- It is student centered and based on student need.
- Students work in different literacy centers (Daily 5) while the teacher differentiates instruction to a small group of students.
- Students read everyday to build their stamina.
The workshop consists of the following:
- A mini-lesson (based on student need and Common Core Standards)
- Independent writing time to build their writing stamina
- Learn about the writing process
- Students write everyday and celebrate their work!