Curriculum - Common Core
We are teaching to the new Common Core Standards. They are national standards, and they are much more rigorous than before.
- They focus on application and critical thinking a lot.
- 21st Century 4 C’s
- Critical Thinking
- Students need to show their work and in some problems explain their thinking process.
- Armory program Artful Connections with Math
- Our units are People in History, Long Ago and Yesterday, Our Government, Map Skills, and Producers and Consumers (Needs vs. Wants)
- People who make a difference in our world today and long ago/Community & Citizenship
- Current Events with Time for Kids
Next Generation Science:
- Structure and Properties of Matter
- Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- Processes that Shape Earth
- Use of STEMscopes for interactive and hands-on learning
- We learn about composition, line, color, different movements, artists and their work.
- Movement for students to gain coordination and balance
- learn sportsmanship
- Health is part of the program and we will learn about healthy eating habits.