Parent Involvement in Academy Advisory Boards
- Attend Monthly Advisory Council meetings to
see and hear what Business
Partners are working on to support your students.
- Communicate this information to other parents through PTSA or
other venues available.
- You’ll gain a better understanding of the available
enrichment activities available to your student allowing you to encourage your
- Bring the parents’ perspectives and insights to the Advisory
Board, i.e. what needs do the parents perceive that we could address, but are
not currently acting on???
- Act as chaperone on field trips
- Assist with identifying potential Business Partners in the community,
who may want to become part of the program.
- Help students and teachers with
identification of community based projects that students could work on as part
of their research or project assignments.
- Assist with
special week long events like Engineering Week (Feb 22, 2016–Feb 26, 2016) or Business Week
(Nov 9, 2015–Nov 13, 2015) or the upcoming 9th grade business conference in April 2016
Judy Turner for the EESA and/or Business AcademiesJanine Christiano for the AEM Academy
firstname.lastname@example.org – 626792-5101 ext. 145
- Attend Monthly Advisory Council meetings to see and hear what Business Partners are working on to support your students.