Dual Language Parent Advisory Committee (DLPAC)
The mission of the Dual Language Parent Advisory Committee is to:
- Assist and partner with Mandarin-proficient TOSA to evaluate and develop curriculum across grade levels Pre-K through 5th.
- Discuss with Mandarin-proficient TOSA to help determine best practices and strategies for MDLIP (i.e., improving literacy, improving pronunciation, improving fluency of conversation, etc.).
- Help pilot strategies developed.
- Help review and analyze data.
- Assist in the expansion and implementation of successful pilots to other classrooms, uder guidance of Mandarin-proficient TOSA.
- Assist in parent education of MDLIP.
Staff Leader: Ms. Jing Xu, Teacher-on-Special-Assignment in charge of MDLIP
Parent Leader: Tien-Hsin Lin
DLIP PAC (district committee) representatives: Sherry Giang-Chen
Schedule of Meetings
District DLIP PAC Meetings (9:30-11:00 AM) at Jefferson Elementary School
1500 E. Villa Street, Pasadena, CA
October 6, 2017 Novemeber 3, 2017 January 12, 2018 March 9, 2018 May 4, 2018 Parent Information Meetings (5:30-7 PM) Parents Meeting (9:00-10:30 a.m) at A10 October 19, 2017 September 21, 2017 January 25, 2018 November16, 2017 March 15, 2018 February 15, 2018 May 17. 2018 April 19, 2018