Why School Uniforms?
School uniforms help instill school pride while eliminating the distracting competition associated with current fashions. In addition, they have also proven to be more economical. More importantly, Washington Elementary students will be dressing in a style which emphasizes academics, achievement and dignity. Uniforms allow school staff to better monitor the school, therefore, contributing to a safe and secure environment.
The Mandatory School Uniform Policy is available at our school in the front office if you wish to request a copy. If this new requirement creates a financial hardship, please contact the school principal.
ALLOWED CLOTHING TOPS
SHIRTS / BLOUSES SWEATERS, JACKETS, OR SWEATSHIRTS
Color: Solid White, Navy Blue, and light blue.
Solid colors with a collar.
Acceptable tops include polo shirts, turtleneck, dress shirts, and blouses. (T-shirts are not acceptable - except for affiliated shirts at approved times)
Color: White or Navy Blue
Hip length maximum. Plain color, crew or V-neck, cardigan or pull over. Only white undershirts.
ALLOWED CLOTHING BOTTOMS
LONG PANTS SKIRTS AND / OR SHORTS
Color: Navy Blue, Khaki, or Blue Jeans pants.
Fitted at waist, hemmed or cuffed; belt, if loops on pants; worn at the waist.
Blue jeans are allowed.
Color: Navy Blue, Khaki, or Blue Jeans shorts.
Shorts must be around knee height or
within five fingers from the knee, and
worn at the waist.
- Attire cannot advertise alcohol, drugs, or tobacco in writing/ pictures that are obscene, suggestive, and offensive or depict violence.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Flip-flops or shoes with open toes or heels are not permitted.
- Half-shirts/crop tops/low necklines, mini-skirts; short shorts are inappropriate and not allowed.
- Shirts must have a collar and sleeves. Necklines must be no lower than four fingers from the collarbone.
- No use of articles which changes or alter the school uniform.
- Only white garments underneath uniform shirt.