Welcome to PUSD
The schools of PUSD offer a wide variety of educational options designed to prepare today's students to be critical thinkers, creative problem-solvers, and strong communicators - the leaders of tomorrow.
PUSD graduates are earning admission to competitive colleges across the country. Class of 2020 College Acceptances
Vibrant academics, exceptional teachers, and supportive school communities that nurture the whole child are the hallmarks of PUSD. Academic programs include
- Dual Language Immersion programs in Spanish, Mandarin, French, and Armenian
- Art and music education programs that connect with Pasadena’s renowned arts and culture
- International Baccalaureate, offered in elementary, middle, and high schools
- Art, STEAM, Dual Language Immersion, and Early College magnet schools
- College & Career Academies that prepare students for post-secondary success
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education (TK-5)
- Secondary Education (6-12th grade)
- Math Academy for accelerated middle school students
Partnerships with civic organizations, business and higher education create unparalleled opportunities to enhance the student's learning experience.
Tour Our Schools
To learn more, we invite you to visit our schools. School Tour Schedule
Enrollment & Admissions
Every child living within the boundaries of the Pasadena Unified School District is guaranteed placement in his/her school of residence.
The schools of the Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) enroll more than 15,350 students in Transitional Kindergarten-12th grade in a 76-square mile area that includes Altadena, Pasadena, Sierra Madre and unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County. PUSD was formed in 1874 and unified in 1961.
The District currently operates
23 schools and programs
13 elementary schools (grades K-5)
3 middle schools (grades 6-8)
1 K-8 school
2 6-12th grade schools
2 high schools (grades 9-12)
1 continuation high school
1 alternative education program