Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
SME’s PTA is an active association of parents and teachers working together with Principal Lewis to make SME an outstanding place to receive a high quality education.
Our PTA is active in fostering a strong sense of community at SME. We host various low and no cost events, including coffee + tea + me meetings with Principal Lewis, a kindergarten playdate, (all new this year!) a fall scavenger hunt, a Thanksgiving food drive, Sierra Madre Has Talent show, a book fair, a family dance, and a family STEAM night. These events are great ways for our community to come together to have fun with our families and to celebrate our amazing students and school.
SME’s PTA also raises essential funds for SME through our fall read-a-thon, spring jog-a-thon, and other programs. We pay for creative learning solutions and curriculum, weekly Scholastic readers for all students, musical instruments, art and science supplies, teacher supplies, books for our school and teacher libraries, health and safety supplies and training, peaceful playground and PE equipment, auditorium enhancements, and community-building events. Most recently the PTA funded the new kindergarten play structure and upgrades and the new curtains and lighting in the Gayle Bluemel Auditorium.
We can’t do any of what we do without our volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering at SME, please email email@example.com.
How can you help the PTA?
- Become a member of PTA! Every parent, child, grandparent, aunt and uncle and join the SME PTA. To join, simply visit https://jointotem.com/users/login.
- Attend PTA meeting to hear about what’s going on at SME and have your voice heard. Our 2020-21 meeting dates are: August 19, 2020, September 16, 2020, October 21, 2020, January 20, 2021, February 17, 2021, March 17, 2021, April 21, 2021, and May 26, 2021. Until further notice we will meet virtually at 6:30 p.m.
- Attend PTA community building events with your family.
- Volunteer! There are so many ways you can donate your time and skills. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support PTA fundraisers! Help your child raise money for our school through the read-a-thon and jog-a-thon.
- Follow SME PTA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SierraMadrePTA/
- Link your Ralph’s Rewards card to SME and donate to SME every time you shop. Register you card at any customer service desk, call customer service at 800-443-4438, or register at www.Ralphs.com. The SME code is 84690. Be sure to add your rewards number at the register every time you shop.
- If you shop at Amazon, do so via smile.amazon.com. Type in and select Sierra Madre Elementary PTA as your charity of choice. Shop Amazon as you always would – still getting the same selection, prices, and prime membership benefits.
PTA Executive Board:Teri Richardson, PTA President, email@example.comAnny Poon, PTA Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.orgBarri Gonzalez, PTA Secretary, email@example.comVanessa Eades, PTA VP of Programs, firstname.lastname@example.orgMichael Murphey, PTA VP of Volunteers, email@example.comJennifer Liu-Klein, PTA VP of Ways & Means, firstname.lastname@example.orgBeth Korman, PTA Historian, email@example.comJulie Cole, PTA Parliamentarian, firstname.lastname@example.org