SSC: School Site Council
MembersThe members of Washington Middle School's School Site Council (SSC) include:
- Dr. Shannon Malone, Principal – ext. 76001
- Cristina Diaz, Chairperson – ext 76060
- Epher Mallari, Teacher - ext 76104
- Marybeth Lauderdale, Nurse – ext 76088
- Marciela Borough, Community Assistant - ext 76044
- Twila Fields, Parent Representative
- Maura Avalos, Parent Representative
- Mearily Clark, Parent Representative
What is the School Site Council?
School site councils came into existence because policymakers across the nation were of the opinion that the best persons to make decisions about a school were those individuals that were involved with the day-to-day operations of the school. Washington Middle School Site Council (WMSSC) is comprised of teachers, parents and students that work along side of the principal in order to initiate, develop, review, and evaluate our school improvement programs and school budget.School site members are an elected body. Teachers, parents and students are elected by their peers. Each member serves a two-year staggered term.
WMSSC meets once a month on the second Tuesday of the month at 2:30 p.m. in Dr. Stewart’s conference room.