Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
- Advise and assist in the development, revision and review of the Local Plan for Special Education.
- Recommend annual priorities to be addressed by the Local plan.
- Encourage parent and community involvement in the development, revision and review of the Local Plan and in the implementation of related duties.
- Have a basic understanding of and familiarity with the laws and regulations, which impact programs for students with special education needs.
- Advocate for or lobby against legislation and issues related to special education.
- Promote parent and community education programs and services including a parent handbook and newsletter.
- Support school and community activities on behalf of students with exceptional needs.
- Prepare a periodic reports of CAC activities for the School Board and Superintendent.
- Support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
- The CAC will have an influential role in the decisions the PUSD BOE and leadership makes that impact Special Education students.
- A positive shift in PUSD school culture where General Education staff work collaboratively with Special Education staff to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- All PUSD Special Education students will be serviced in the best interest of the child.
- CAC parent members will be actively involved in every PUSD school.
- There will be active and meaningful participation by families and community in the monthly CAC general meetings.
- Having an interactive CAC website for consistent delivery of information.
- A resource network for parents, PUSD staff, and community.
- Being self-supportive through grants and fundraising.