Parent University is an opportunity for parents and adult caregivers to hone skills for one of life's most important roles: coaching and advocating for children through their academic journey. Classes strengthen connections between families and schools.
Established as part of PUSD's strategic directives to meaningfully engage families, Parent University's purpose is to support parents as partners in their children's education through capacity-building educational courses and leadership opportunities.
Free standalone classes are offered at PUSD schools and other locations throughout the school year. Classes are open to all parents and adult caregivers - whether or not your children are already enrolled in PUSD.
Instructors are qualified classroom teachers and/or subject matter experts.
- Supporting Reading & English Language Arts at Home by grade level (K-8)
- Math Practice by grade level (K-8)
- Homework Strategies
- Effective Discipline
- Developmental Milestones/Mental Health
- How to Improve School Attendance
- Parent Leadership Training
- Parent Portal
- School Choice
- College Readiness
- Transition to Kinder, Middle School and High School